Best Caipirinha Recipe via the Brazilian Chef
Brazil’s national drink made from a combination of lime, sugar and cachaca served on ice. If you wondering what exactly cachaca is, it is a distilled spirit made from sugarcane juice.
A popular brand of cachaca is Ypioca although according to Veja Magazine, the below mentioned brands are some of the best:
Anderson Queiroz, The Brazilian Chef, shares his home-made family recipe with us. He is a foodie enthusiast who enjoys spending time in the kitchen, cooking fresh food for friends and family.
- Normal granulated sugar
- Cachaca (Brazilian rum)
- Cut your Limes into halves and quarters.
- Remove the white bits from the center (it makes it bitter).
- Into a pestle add 3 tea spoons of sugar.
- Add 4 quarters of the lime.
- with a mortar, crush the limes and sugar, until all the juice has come out of the limes.
- Add a double shot of Rum ( I just count 1, 1000, 2, 1000, 3, 1000, 4).
- Mix it well, make sure to dissolve all the sugar.
- Pour the drink into a glass, add 3 or four cubes of Ice.
- taste it, if too strong you might need a bit of water if not sweet enough add more sugar.
Ching ching, and happy cocktail drinking…