The Most Unique Drink Recipe Ever
Watermelon and Tomatoe Gazpacho Shots
Firstly, for those of you from parts of the world that are not familiar with gazpacho, lets quickly explain. Gazpacho is a summer favourite of Spain, and is a typically cold soup made from raw vegetables with a tomato base.
There’s no cooking involved except for the mussels; which takes what? 5 minutes? That’s nothing! You only need to remove seeds, peels, and cut all of the ingredients into smaller pieces. Then blend the watermelon and tomato until you get a fine texture and add the rest of ingredients on top… there you are! Easy, isn’t it?
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1/2 a watermelon
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1/2 a kilo of fresh mussels
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Few drops of jerez vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 green onion
- 1 can of lumpfish roe
- Clean and cook the mussels .
- Remove the seeds and peel from both the watermelon and tomatoes.
- Blend and let stand in a big bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, diced mint leaves, salt to the bowl and mix together. Let stand in the fridge.
- Wash and remove the seeds of the pepper. Cut in dices.
- Clean and cut the onion.
- Prepare the shots with the bowl gazpacho (watermelon & tomatoes), and add remainder ingredients on top – mussels, roe, onion and pepper.